Tuesday, March 30, 2010

An Explanation

You can't hear the bitterness that I feel when I read my statement about not going to law school. Law would be an excellent move for my career. Unfortunately, my wife's job has gotten a little too unstable for me to give up my salary and benefits for 3 years. There are no part-time programs that are close enough for me to attend so that means putting aside my law school ambitions.

I envy everyone placing seat deposits and getting ready to start classes in the fall.

Thanks for reading,

phdboost

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you will not be going to law school but if it's any consolation to you I'm somewhat in your shoes. I also am married with children, Ph.D (Physics and non-research work) and have wanted to go to law school all my life. I couldn't because of family obligations though. But now that I'm older (45) I'm considering it again now since I still have many years ahead of me (I don't count on SS being around for my retirement and am tired of the volatility of the fiber optics industry along with the low incomes). So don't worry you are still young and you can do it at a later stage in your life when your obligations are lessened. BTW: thank you for your blog it is very helpful

    ReplyDelete