Monday, July 13, 2009

My numbers

So what are the two numbers that will define me through this process? I've already revealed my LSAT score. From what I've been able to tell by looking at the 25-75% numbers that are posted with law school rankings, 168 is a very competitive score. (You can read about a week of my LSAT preparation in the LSAT diary that I wrote for LSAT Blog: Ace the LSAT.)

My other number, my undergraduate GPA, is a bit less competitive. I wasn't sure of the exact number until I requested a copy of my unofficial transcript a couple of weeks ago. Brace yourself. 3.05. Of course, to keep all law school applicants on the same level, the GPA is adjusted according to a common scale. I was aware of this LSDAS adjustment a few months ago, but seeing that I didn't remember my cumulative GPA, much less any individual grades, I had no idea how my number would adjust when put into this new scale. I breathed a sigh of relief when I found out my undergraduate school, William and Mary, uses the same scale. (I used this calculator for the calculation.) I'm just happy to be above 3.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment