Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Are lawyers hunters or farmers?

Seth Godin has an interesting post today about how some people are farmers and others are hunters. With thoughts of law school constantly floating around in my mind (my law school future keeps getting murkier. It's exciting and aggravating at the same time. More details in a later post), I was trying to decide if I'm a hunter or a farmer and whether or not that disposition has me on a path for legal success or (the all too common) legal morass. The law requires plenty of persistence and planning and patience, all traits of a good farmer, but lawyers also deal with plenty of crisis situations that need the skills of the hunter.

Maybe a better question is what makes for a better law student, a farmer or a hunter, and what makes a better lawyer? Would the answers be the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment