Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Indiana University decision

My big envelope from Indiana came in the mail on Monday. I've been hoping to hear something from them soon. I was a little nervous about my application after I forgot to attach my resume to my application. At least I realized my mistake soon after I submitted my application. I emailed my resume to them and asked that it be included with my file. I guess the resume made it.

With the Indiana decision in, my cycle is complete. While I have to confess that I have flirted with the idea of looking through LSN and finding a school where my numbers are borderline just to see if the PhD gives me an edge, I will not likely do that. For one thing, I don't want to pay an application fee, but the flash drive that had my personal statement and other application files on it broke a few weeks ago. (I just got a new one from WashU so I don't need to replace my old one.) I could pull up my submitted apps and complete my application with those, but I just don't think it's worth it. That probably won't stop me from looking around LSN after I'm finished with this post though.

A detailed analysis of my application cycle will be coming soon. I'm focused on another project right now. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment