Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Application Progress

I wanted to be helpful to other applicants, so I thought I would give a little update on my application status and how that plays into my application strategy. I have requested my two letters of recommendation. One has been processed by LSAC and is available for me to add to my applications, I'm hoping the other has been written. Both my undergrad and graduate school transcripts have been processed by LSAC. (It took about 2 weeks from request to having them show up in my LSAC account.)

I have an optional essay type of statement 90% complete. I have spent too many hours working on my "why law school" essay. I was having so much trouble that I had to take a step back and reassess my approach. I think I found a new topic that allows me to address the same issues in a better way. I'm hoping to finish both of these up by mid-September. I want to have my highest priority applications (the Virginia schools) in by mid-October. That will give me a month to handle school specific application activities (filling out applications, writing school specific essays). That should allow me to take advantage of the rolling admissions process.

No comments:

Post a Comment