Thursday, December 17, 2009

GMU Decision

Following on the heels of my promotion and UVA waiting list (that's what they call it), I got a phone call from GMU while I was driving back to work after getting lunch this afternoon. I have been accepted. GMU is a very good match for me. The PhD patent lawyer that I talked to raved about GMU's IP program. I'm in-state so tuition will be reasonable, and I get the feeling that there are a good number of non-traditional students (I'll have to look into that assertion to be sure). Of the four VA schools that I have applied to, I definitely know the least about Mason. To be fair, I live in Richmond, went to W&M as an undergrad, and thought hard about how to optimize my application for UVA. My familiarity with GMU will definitely increase in the next few months though. I have been waiting on this acceptance to start getting a better idea of the job market for patent attorneys. I am hoping that I can take advantage of my new accepted student status to get some access to recent grads or current students to get a better feel for the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment