Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Promotion

I have achieved one of my personal career goals by getting a promotion to Sr. R&D Scientist. This is the first time in my career that I have been promoted. I left my first job after a year and a half and left that second job for graduate school after two years. I just finished my third year in my current position. Getting this promotion was my major short term career objective. My long term career objectives have evolved with law school in mind. Now I'm wondering if I should use my short term achievement to further my long term goals. Do I tell schools where I am still pending about my promotion?

I knew that I had been put in for a promotion while I was finishing up my applications, and I thought about how it would be nice to mention a promotion in my resume. Schools are looking at my file. I recently went complete at Indiana, and my Minnesota status checker recently showed my In Review date switching to December 11. Every school tells you to let them know if anything in your file changes. I always thought that this was mostly about addresses and things like that, but maybe this kind of information counts. My instincts tell me to just let things be, but a part of me thinks that it might help me at a UVA. Maybe I'll start a thread at TLS. I haven't done that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment