Wednesday, December 16, 2009

UVA Waitlist

I got an email from UVA today telling me that they cannot offer me a spot in the class of 2013 at this time. They have put me on the waiting list. I consider that a small victory. Based on my numbers, I should have been an auto-reject (other applicant with similar numbers have been rejected outright, see the LSN graph here). Some combination of the factors that I discussed previously at least got me a serious look.

I don't know how hard I will push it, but I think I could do a few things to get myself in position for an offer from the waitlist. I could let them know about my promotion. I could take the LSAT again, but that will not happen. I have no desire to start preparing for the LSAT again, but a couple more points on the test in February might merit an admission offer. I would rather spend my time pursuing something with a little more upside. I have been planning on taking the patent bar. Passing the patent bar would show that I am serious about law and demonstrate that I have some aptitude for legal studies. It would be one more thing to separate me from the mass of people on the waitlist while giving me a few more opportunities for summer positions during law school. I'm going to enjoy the holidays, pick a study plan, and get going on patent bar prep in the New Year. I will likely visit the school. I know a 2L in the law school. Maybe he has some helpful insider information.

No comments:

Post a Comment