Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Applications are almost ready

My second LOR has been processed by LSAC. That means that the only thing between me and a submitted application is a complete personal statement. I just went through my active applications on LSAC.org to make sure that my two good essays will be enough to submit my applications. It looks like I'm in good shape. I have a third statement, but that one was written with one of my safety schools in mind. Now that I am not applying to that school, I will not worry about making some fairly major fixes to that essay. I did just discover that W&L's application has an optional essay about how I handled an ethical dilemma. I have a good situation in mind, but I'm not sure if I want to write that essay. Ann Levine says that whoever reads my file will think I'm lazy for not writing it, but I don't want to write an essay that comes off as a stretch. Maybe I'll jot something down and see how I feel about it in a day or two.

I plan on having most of my applications submitted by October 1. (Or a day or two after as I need to visit U of R at the VCU graduate school fair to get my fee wiaver.) I'm getting crushed at work right now, but I think I'll still have enough mental energy in the evenings to get my applications in shape over the next week or so. It will be nice to relax again without worrying about writing an essay or getting an application in shape. I'm not keen on waiting to hear back from the schools though.

No comments:

Post a Comment