Sunday, September 27, 2009

Applications will be going in soon

I was all set to submit my application to GMU today. Well, they don't start accepting electronic applications until Thursday. I will likely wait a few days to submit my application, I don't want to be in that first batch of applications after all. I plan to talk to the GMU reps at the VCU graduate school fair on Thursday. I will be sure to ask them how long it will take for me to hear about their decision.

Here is the list of schools that I will be applying to this cycle. The list might grow, it's still early in the process after all, but I will be applying to these schools.

School "Percentile" Prediction
UVA 1.0 Deny
Vandy 11.8 Deny
Washington U 42.5 Consider
Minn 31.3 Weak Consider
W&M 34.1 Weak Consider
GMU 47.1 Consider
W&L 53.2 Consider
Richmond >50 Admit

As previously mentioned, the "percentile" is an extrapolation of the data on lawschoolpredictor.com. (The guy who runs the site has added a new feature that lets you know the percentage of applicants that were accepted at or below whatever numbers you enter. I stuck with my calculation just to be consistent, but that value is also helpful. You can put my numbers in if you're curious how I stack up against previous classes.) The prediction is also the prediction from LSP.

Given that I'm almost ready to start submitting applications, I have a profile on lawschoolnumber.com. You can check me out my profile here (I'm phdboost over there too).

No comments:

Post a Comment