Sunday, October 11, 2009

Personal Statement Tip

I just finished up what I think is a very solid first draft for my latest personal statement. I started it on Friday afternoon. I had a good chunk of it written in 4 hours of fairly consistent effort. I spent 45 minutes or so on it last night, and just wrapped it up while watching football on TV and the computer. This is much different than the hours of effort I needed to put in to generate my previous PS drafts. My tip is this, if you need to work and rework a statement to make it work, just drop it and start over. I finally found a hook that allowed me to express three themes that I have been trying to work into my previous statements. Hunt for an approach to your topic until you find one that lends itself to the themes you want to develop. This statement basically wrote itself. I feel like I can write again.

No comments:

Post a Comment