Thursday, November 5, 2009

Acceptance #2 (and maybe #3)

I usually don't log into my status checkers at work, but when the email with the W&M status checker came this morning, I decided to take a quick peek. I'm glad I took the time. Down in the mailings section there was a nice little, Congrats, admit package mailed 11/5. I was expecting to hear from them next week so this was a very pleasant surprise. Being a W&M alum, I very much wanted to be accepted into the law school. Getting into W&M was the goal that I set for myself at the very beginning of this process. I am very happy to have W&M as a definite law school option.

As for maybe #3, I was very surprised to see that somebody called my cell phone and left a message while I was putting my kids to bed tonight. I didn't recognize the number, but it was from the local area code. It was a call from Dean Rahman (it's sad that typing her name makes me think of Raman Spectroscopy). She is an admissions dean at U of R. She's going to call me back. I assumed it was a call to let me know that I had been accepted. (I checked the Richmond admissions thread from last year on TLS to check my hunch. They do call to let you know you've been accepted.) This was also a surprise. I called U of R on Monday to see if my Dean's Certificates had arrived. My VCU letter was there, but they didn't have the letter from W&M. When I talked to W&M, they told me that they would send a copy of the original out right away. Maybe they found my W&M certificate after I contacted them because I don't see the letter getting to U of R from Williamsburg, that letter making it into my file, and my file being reviewed in a few days. I just hope she calls tomorrow. I'm going to a conference out in LA next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment