Monday, November 16, 2009

Is it worth the money

A professor from Vanderbilt has written a paper that tries to determine whether or not law school is worth the investment. This post at the WSJ law blog gives some info about (and a link to) the paper. (The paper is being discussed in a few places. Ann Levine mentioned it in this post and included a link to this brief article on the ABA blog.) The quick answer to the question is that law school is not a good investment for most people, but the professor stresses that there are cases where law school makes financial sense. It is worth delving into the details of the study to determine if his conclusion applies to you. I have started working through the particulars of my situation. With a few acceptances (and scholarship offers) on the table, the time has come for me to start delving into the financial implications of law school. I've been aware of them of course, but I decided to focus on the LSAT and my applications. I also didn't see the point of trying to determine if law school is the right move without a sense of where I would get accepted. I've started working through some of the financial and career risks associated with law school. I'm finding resources. I'll be sure to share any particularly useful insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment