Friday, November 6, 2009

Acceptance Packages

The letter from W&M promised in the status checker was in my mailbox today. It was a thin envelope containing 3 pieces of paper. One was the official offer letter with info about seat deposit deadlines. There was also an invitation to their accepted student day. It's in March. The third sheet was very unexpected. They're giving me scholarship money. It's not much, $6,000 a year, but that's $6,000 more than I was expecting.

I also got the huge envelope from Alabama. They sent a couple of hand written notes from various dean's telling me that they hope I come down. There was a binder with housing information and other factoids about the area. I flipped through it pretty quickly this afternoon. I also flipped through the viewbook that came in the mail a couple of days ago with a letter informing me of my fee waiver. Thanks, Bama, but you've already accepted me.

To wrap up the busy day, two more status checker links were delivered to my email inbox. One was from WashU. It only said I was complete, but that's more than I knew before the checker. The other one was from W&L. This one tells me that a decision has been made and a letter is in the mail. A few hours later, a second email came mentioning some kind of technical difficulty and an apology for any confusion. Some people on TLS saw their status change from decision made to simply complete. I checked mine again earlier this evening and it still said that a decision has been made. The TLS thread has some reports of people calling the school to find out what's going on, but I don't put much stock in any of those comments. I guess we'll see what comes in the mail next week.

I was hoping for a callback from Dean Rahman, but my cell phone was silent. A few people have indicated that they were accepted over on LSN so I'm pretty confident that I would have gotten good news if I hadn't been reading with my 2 year old. If they call at 8:15 in the evening, they might call over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment