Saturday, November 14, 2009

California Gold Strike

So I take a trip to California (for work, not pleasure) and big law school stuff starts to happen. I was chatting with some reps for a company that makes pharmaceutical testing equipment when I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I took a peek at my phone and saw a number with an 804 area code. That's the Richmond area code. I excused myself from my conversation and took the call. Sure enough, it was Dean Rahman calling to congratulate me on my acceptance to law school at the University of Richmond. While I knew that I had a very good shot at U of R when I got my LSAT score, there was always that fear of having something go wrong during the application process. I was also happy to hear that I will be given the opportunity to apply for the Marshall scholarship. If I get that scholarship, I will be attending U of R in the fall.

I also received my letter from Washington and Lee while I was in CA. My wife let me know that it was an offer of acceptance. I was never really sure how things would go for me at W&L so I was happy to get my offer so early in the process.

I applied to 8 schools and have heard back from 4. I've been in the first wave of acceptances for all 4 schools that have accepted me so far. Looking at the graphs on LSN for W&M, Alabama, and W&L, my GPA makes me one of the lower (or lowest) green dots for each school. Maybe there is something to this PhD boost. I know that UVA has been accepting people under Regular Admission (as opposed to binding Early Decision). I have not heard a peep from them so I am not in the first wave of UVA acceptances. Actually, the status checkers at the other 4 schools have not budged in weeks. Nobody else has heard from the other non-UVA schools either. When I do hear something from GMU, WashU, UVA, or Minnesota, I will be sure to report it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment